Objectives & Key Results
OKR Consulting & Training
Use OKRs to Achieve Business Goals
More and More Organisations are Using OKRs to Bring Their Strategy to Life.
Companies that have adopted the OKR (objectives and key results) framework have reported significant benefits, including increased productivity, a focus on business outcomes rather than arbitrary tasks, better collaboration and an ability to move the growth needle.
The key to doing OKRs work is measurable goals aligning with your company’s strategic priorities. This ensures that employees are focused on what matters most—and not just doing busy work.
Build Collaboration and Transparency Within Your Organisation
Your employees will better understand why they’re doing what they’re doing and how it relates to the company’s goals. With this framework in place, teams will be able to align behind the corporate strategy and focus their efforts on areas where they can innovate and make a real impact on the bottom line
Heard the Term OKR, but What are They?
The OKR method, developed by Intel, is a proven process of setting and aligning company and team goals with measurable results to track progress.
The OKR methodology is used by many organisations, from small startups to large enterprises such as Google, Amazon, Apple, GE and Microsoft.
EXAMPLE STRUCTURE FOR GREAT OKRs IS BELOW:
Objectives are goals and intents, while Key Results are time-bound and measurable milestones under these goals and intents.
Example Marketing Team OKR
- Deliver tools to support the sales team, and drive brand awareness and trust.
2021 Objective: Increase the quality of leads, cost-effectively
Why Now? (3-5 bullet points)
- We are not measuring the Return on Investment (ROI) of significant marketing spend at events, and our new CEO wants visibility now to create an ROI-based marketing plan next year.
- Cost/lead at $105 is not viable as we scale and is a critical driver in the financial plan.
- The sales team reports that the quality of leads we deliver is poor.
Quarterly Key Results (Written as stretch, target, commit by the end of cycle)
- Obtain baseline marketing ROI as measured by reporting Revenue/Cost for five conferences where we spent $50,000 or more within the last year. (commit = 1, target =3)
- Reduce overall cost per lead from $105 in Q4 to $75. (commit = $100, target = $90)
- Double the quality of leads as measured by an increase in leads that convert to opportunity within six weeks of creation from 20% in Q4 to 40%. (commit = 20%, target = 25%)
No One Knows Your Strategy
From MIT Sloan comes this intriguing data about the decay rate of understanding the strategic priorities in an organization.
As you go down the org chart—from the top team to leaders across functions to middle managers and frontline supervisors—fewer and fewer people understand how they contribute to those priorities or even what they are.
By the time you reach the “wide part” of the organisation, where you have thousands of managers and frontline teams, less than 15% of them know how they drive value on those priorities.
OKRs focus on aligning your strategy to ensure that this issue is removed and everyone has a clear view of the strategic priorities across the organisation.
A Proven Process For Successful OKRs
Our OKR consultants will help you develop effective organisational goals that are measurable, achievable, and time-bound. This proven process will help you to reach your business growth objectives faster and innovate as an organisation.
We are Fully Equipped to Help you Achieve Your Organisational Goals.
We will help you develop a process that works best for your organisation. To do this, we’ll discuss your business challenges and needs to determine the best practices and principles of OKRs. Then we’ll work with you to implement them seamlessly throughout the business.
Brian is an expert in OKRs and has been trained by Scaled OKRs, and is a founding member of the global OKRs Coach Network and OKRs.com.
Si2 also partners with these leading OKR firms to deliver worldclass OKR coaching.